Here’s what I learned or was reinforced…..
1. The best relationships don’t always last forever.
2. Kundalini yoga is transformative, especially when practiced with consistency.
3. I can be really stubborn sometimes.
4. They weren’t kidding when they said, “dog is man’s best friend.”
5. Having a strong community is essential.
6. Most things don’t happen as quickly as i’d like them too.
7. All things happen exactly when they’re supposed to.
8. Being resourceful is a critical skill.
9. I enjoy making my friends laugh.
10. Bill Burr is f’n hilarious.
11. “Coach J” jokes are the funniest.
12. Old, destructive patterns will sneak up on me when I least expect it.
13. Being immersed in a creative process keeps me sane and happy.
14. When in doubt, I listen to house music.
15. Staying in touch with people pays off.
16. Growth a has a lot of pains.
17. I grow from my painful experiences.
18. I still enjoy staying out really late….occasionally.
19. I love getting a good night’s sleep.
20. Surfing is humbling.
21. I’m blessed to have passionate, supportive people in my life.
22. The first few mins in the morning are when I feel bluesiest.
23. The following 20 mins are the best, IF I devote that time to ME.
24. I can be extremely vain.
25. We’re all kids living in adult shells.
26. I love being barefoot.
27. When I play basketball and make a move, I can hear myself saying, “this is taking way longer than it used to”.
28. I love living in L.A and also contemplate moving from time to time.
29. People want to be seen and heard.
30. Having fun matters.
31. I continue to evolve as a coach.
32. I learn a ton from the people I work with.
33. I’m able to access inspiration daily.
34. Perseverance, consistency, and discipline tend to yield positive results.
35. I love public speaking.
36. Amazing things come into my life when I allow them too.
37. Feeling healthy is a gift.
38. I have control of my health.
39. Sometimes I compare myself to others. This doesn’t support my well-being.
40. I’ve developed skills over the years that allow me to be self-supportive.
41. I’m aware of my internal challenges.
42. I rely heavily on my community when I need additional support.
43. Being part of a supportive men’s group keeps me connected to a sense of brotherhood.
44. I enjoy routine.
45. I enjoy traveling less than I used too; I enjoy staying grounded and local.
46. When things get tough, people inherently want to be helped and help others.
47. I have absolutely no freakin’ idea what’s going to happen tomorrow or in 2019.
48. I’ve thoroughly enjoyed creating this newsletter and am excited to grow the community.
49. I’ve loved working with my current individual coaching clients and look forward to new clients in 2019.
50. We launched partnerships for our Corporate Integrative Leadership Coaching Program. Really cool stuff! Excited to spread the word.
51. We had close to 1,000 students in 42 countries take our online course, The Art Of Masterful Communication.
A retreat called, Expand Into Greatness, on July 12-14, 2019 at the breathtaking Zen Center in Muir Woods, outside of San Francisco.
We’re (Toma Ramirez and I) launching a new podcast soon called, All Roads Lead To Wisdom.
Thank you for all of your support. Perhaps we’ll partner, or work together in the new year.
If there’s ANYTHING you’d like to see on this newsletter for 2019, please let me know. I’m open to all ideas.